COACH JOEL BANE
HEAD COACH/OWNER SNAKE PIT U.S.A. CATCH WRESTLING, MIXED MARTIAL ARTS & FITNESS TRAINING CENTER:
– Head Coach/Co-Founder Snake Pit U.S.A. Catch Wrestling Association. The World’s Premier Catch Wrestling Organization!” www.SnakePitUSA.com
– Certified Catch as Catch Can Wrestler & Level 3 Coach: Under legendary Coach Billy Robinson (Scientific Wrestling)
– Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: Under multiple time World Champion, Coach Patrick Stano, under Coaches Carlos Catania and Sergio Penha
– Black Belt in Kodokan Judo: under 3 x National Heavyweight Judo Champion/former U.S. Olympic Training Center Head Coach , John Saylor
– Black Belt in Shin-Gi-Tai Jujitsu: Under Coach John Saylor
– 3-Time Member, 2-Time Team Captain and former Assistant Coach of the United States Air Force “All Air Force Wrestling Team,” Under the expert tutelage of 2X U.S. Olympic Wrestling Coach, Floyd “Bad News” Winter
– Certified Combat Submission Wrestling (CSW) Coach: Under Coach Erik Paulson (CSW Founder)
– Certified USA Wrestling Coach: Copper and Bronze levels certified
– Certified Strength and Conditioning Coach: American Sport Education Program (ASEP)
– Certified Modern Army Combative Program (MACP) Instructor: Levels I and
– Member of the “International Network of Wrestling Reaserchers” (INWR) ONE of TWO In United States.
– Member of USA Wrestling, “New Jersey State Wrestling Association”
* Competitive Mixed Martial Artist: “Reality Fighting” and “Combat in the Cage”
* Won or placed in USA Wrestling’s U.S. Open & Armed Forces Wrestling Championships, NAGA, Grapplers Quest, U.S. Grappling, Mission Submission and Good-fight (expert/advanced No-Gi divisions) including North American and World Championships.
* U.S. World Grappling Team Heavyweight alternate, No-Gi and Gi divisions, 2013 FILA World Championship
* Member, Team Captain & Assistant Coach of The United States Air Force “All Air Force Wrestling Team” (2013, 2014, 2015 and 2017)
* Combat Sports and self defense instructor to U.S. Army MACP Instructors (2008-2011)
* Has taught Grappling/Combative techniques to over 500 U.S. Military and Coalition Force members in the United States, and Afghanistan
* Completed Krav Maga Personnel Security Detail (PSD) Combative training, (Afghanistan 2005)
* Coach Bane is a 3 x Veteran of Operation Enduring Freedom and 1 x Iraqi Freedom. He is a USAF Security Forces Senior Non Commissioned Officer with over 19 years of Active Duty Military service. While deployed he led counter intelligence operations including but not limited to counter IED missions, personnel security details, weapons cache seizures and convoys. Joel is one of very few U.S. Air Force Sharpshooters and is a highly skilled small arms weapons expert.
COACH PATRICK STANO
SNAKE PIT U.S.A. CATCH WRESTLING, MIXED MARTIAL ARTS & FITNESS TRAINING CENTER COACH:
Coach Stano brings 25 years of Wrestling and Martial Arts experience to the team as a former AAU Freestyle Wrestling National Champion and six-time Brazilian Jiu-jitsu World Champion. Recognized as an exceptional international grappler, he did not give up a single point in more than 20 matches over a thr…ee year span competing in Brazil.
* Black Belt Brazilian Jiu-jitsu under Carlos Catania under Sergio Penha
* Captain of College Wrestling Team
* Began competing in Submission Wrestling and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in 1998
* Promoted to Blue belt in 1999 by Royce Gracie
* Promoted to Purple Belt in 2002 by Saulo Riberio and Steve Maxwell
* Received a Black belt in Thai Jitsu from Joe Priole in 2004
* Began fighting professional Mixed Martial Arts matches in 2000
* MMA career includes fights with UFC legend and Hall of Fame member, Dan “The Beast” Severn and former UFC Heavyweight Title contender, Jeff “The Snowman” Monson
* 2014 Catch as Catch Can Wrestling, World Heavyweight Champion
* Former AAU Freestyle Wrestling National Champion
* Two-time Michigan, All State wrestler
* Div. II Wrestling National Qualifier
* 2000 Pan-Am Jiu-Jitsu Champion: Masters Blue-belt Heavyweight
* 2000 Rickson Gracie Jiu Jitsu Tournament, World Champion
* 2001 Jiu-Jitsu World Champion-Masters: Super-heavyweight Blue-belt
* 2001 Jiu-Jitsu World Champion-Masters: Blue-belt Absolute Division
* 2002 Jiu-Jitsu World Champion-Masters: Super heavyweight, Purple-belt div.
* 2003 Jiu-Jitsu World Champion-Masters: Super heavyweight, Purple-belt div.
* 2003 Jiu-Jitsu World Champion-Masters: Absolute Div., Purple-belt div.
* 3rd place HW in the 2009 Abu Dhabi N. American Qualifying Tournament
* Eight time Grapplers Quest Submission Grappling Champion
* Six time NAGA Submission Grappling Champion
* Winner of several other tournament championships